National Honor Society for Dance Arts
The National Honor Society for Dance Arts is a nationally recognized honor society that acknowledges dancers for their commitment to their craft as well as academic achievement. Dancers in 6th grade and up can apply for the honor of being a member of this prestigious society. Some benefits include scholarship opportunities, lifetime membership, and networking. Dancers in grades 6-8 can apply to be inducted into our Junior program, and dancers in grades 9-12 can be inducted into the Secondary program. Dancers who apply and are accepted are members for life and will have access to NHSDA’s benefits for the duration of their educational careers. To date, there are over 1,000 chapters in the US and over 10,000 students have been inducted in the past two years.
- To recognize outstanding artistic merit, leadership, and academic achievement in students studying dance in public and private schools in K-12 education, dance studios, cultural/community centers, performing arts organizations, and post-secondary education.
- To foster an appreciation for dance as a true art form and one worthy of recognition and prestige.
- Recognition of their artistic merit, academic achievement, and leadership throughout their educational experience (Junior High – Collegiate)
- Certificates at each level of induction, opportunity to receive the gold Honor Pin and wear the blue and white Honor Cord and/or Medallion at graduation.
- Mentorship from Chapter Sponsor and networking with peers
- Leadership and development opportunities within their NHSDA Chapter, as they can assist the Chapter Sponsor with Chapter administration, record keeping, fundraising, and event planning